The default built-in email app that comes with your smartphone is convenient, however it has limitations. If you are like most, Outlook is the de facto email application at work, so why not take advantage the same functionality you have grown accustomed to via your smartphone? Enjoy the ability to stay on top of your emails from anywhere without the need to learn a new email system. The Microsoft Outlook app is available for both iPhone and Android devices, it is free to use, and only takes a few minutes to get it up and running.
A Quick Guide to Installing the Outlook Office 365 Mobile App on an iPhone
- The first step is to download Microsoft Outlook from the App Store. Be sure to search for and download the latest version of the “Microsoft Outlook – Email and Calendar” available from Microsoft Corporation.
- Once the Microsoft Outlook app finishes downloading, open the app and select “Get Started” from the menu. Choose “Get Notifications” if you want to receive email alerts. Remember, you can always adjust your notification setting in the future.
- To connect with your Microsoft Office 365 account, input your email address and click “Add Account.”
- This will take you to a login screen with the email portion of the form already filled. Enter your email’s password and select “Sign in.”
- If you want to add additional work or personal accounts, you have the option to do so. If you don’t want to add more accounts at this time, click on “Maybe Later.”
A Quick Guide to Installing the Outlook Office 365 Mobile App on an Android Phone
- First, go to the Play Store and search for the latest version of Microsoft Outlook. Once you find it, click on “Install.”
- When Microsoft Outlook finishes downloading, open it and choose “Get Started.”
- Type in your Microsoft Office 365 email, and select “CONTINUE.”
- Now you need to log in using your Microsoft Office 365 credentials. The email portion of the form is already complete, so just enter your password and select “Sign in.”
- At this point, you can either add additional accounts by clicking on “CONTINUE,” or skip this step for now by tapping “SKIP.” You can easily add additional accounts in the future.
Now, whether you access your Microsoft Office 365 account using your phone or computer, everything will remain perfectly synced. If necessary, there’s a tutorial to learn how to use the app to write, read, and respond to emails or access your calendar.
And if for any reason you get stuck, feel free to reach out your friendly local Computer professionals at Personal Computer Sales & Service and we will be glad to help out.
For more than 30 years, we continue to provide computer support for small businesses, creative professionals and the home user. We provide remote or come to you support, servicing the greater Los Angeles area, specifically Sherman Oaks, Studio City, North Hollywood, Van Nuys, Encino, Tarzana and more.